Senior Advocate/ Caregiver Advocate office hours at the Senior Center
Services available for clients over age of 60 and/or their caregivers include:
- Benefits Analysis which may result in application assistance for Medical Assistance, Medicare savings programs, Nutrition Assistance and Energy Assistance.
- Care Consultation for caregivers of, or those living with, memory loss including specialized education, screenings and assessment of needs, resource referral and care planning for individuals and/or their caregivers. A free tool kit is currently available through a special caregiver grant.
- General Assistance including needs assessment (includes home visit), community resource referral, education regarding disease progression and continuum of care, problem-solving, and emotional support.
Senior Spotlight Day
Schedule for the day
- 9:30-noon Herb Sellner plays music on the Sellner Stage
- 11:30am Spotlight meal at minimal cost
- 1:00pm Presentation of the Outstanding Senior Volunteer
- 2:00pm Special program in Straight River Room
Discounts/Special Activities including discounted parking for seniors from 8-noon and golf cart rides from your car.
Rice County Outstanding Senior Citizen
Nominations are being sought for the 2017 Outstanding Senior Citizen for Rice County. The award recognizes senior citizens who are 65 years or older who have contributed their time and talent to benefit their community.
Nomination forms online at ricecountyfair.net or at the Faribault Senior Center. Deadline to submit the form is July 7. Mail to: Rice County Fair , Box 393, Faribault.
Medication Check-Up with Pharmacist Bill Boyes
When prescription and over-the-counter medicines are taken in the right way, they are safe and effective tools for good health.
A Medication Check-Up provides a review of each medication (both prescription and over-the-counter) with discussion about the person’s medicine-taking routine. The conversation is private and confidential. Participants can ask questions and get tips on reducing or avoiding medication side effects, schedules, and more.
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Workshop
Are you an adult with an ongoing health condition such as arthritis, diabetes, depression or anxiety, high blood pressure, or heart disease? This Workshop can help you:
- Get the support you need
- Find practical ways to deal with pain & fatigue
- Discover better nutrition & exercise choices
- Learn better ways to talk with your doctor & family about your health.
Learn from trained leaders. Make your own step by step plan to improve your health—and your life!
City-Wide Night to Unite
- Live Music
- Bounce House
- Kids Activities: face painting, Henna or tattoo art, story time, Hula-hoops, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and more
- Free Food
- Elected Officials
- Emergency Response Personnel, Vehicles and Mascots
In-Home & Community Based Services for Seniors
Continuing Education for Long-term Care Providers
Home and community based long term care services include a wide variety of personal care, health care, and other supportive services, provided to clients in their own homes, or in their community, to enable them to continue living at home, and to maintain as much independence as possible. Learn about these options & how you can access them for your clients.
Classes in this series sponsored by Rice County Public Health (RCPH) in partnership with the Faribault Senior Center.
Faribault Fire Station
The Faribault Fire Department operates out of 1 fire station with a crew of 9 full time and 24 part-time firefighters, along with the Fire Chief and a department secretary. The Department provides services to the city of Faribault and an additional 126 square miles in townships surrounding Faribault.
In addition to fire suppression, staff provide fire prevention planning and education, medical first aid response, heavy and tactical rescue, and emergency management.
Minnesota Elder Justice Support Group
The Minnesota Elder Justice Center (MEJC) and the Faribault Senior Center are partnering on a community support group for those affected by elder abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation.
We recognize that many vulnerable people experience abuse, neglect, self-neglect, financial scams, and financial exploitation, and hope to give them an opportunity to speak and be heard.
We welcome adult children helping their parent leave an abusive relationship, adult grandchildren helping an elder victim recover from a financial scam or exploitation, concerned friends or neighbors trying to assist a vulnerable adult experiencing neglect or self-neglect, and any other individuals impacted by the abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult.
For more information: www.elderjusticemn.org.
A Matter of Balance
Are you looking for additional ways to better manage your health?
Free workshop series In Faribault starting in September.
Information: call Rice County Public Health at 332-6111
or WellConnect at 507-251-3835